It’s Saturday and already I’m thinking about Monday. Such is the fate of a letter writer: always thinking ahead.
Here are topical candidates Ellen and Reid will read later in the week:
- Betsy and Bob treat Reid to dinner in Chicago.
- Deja vu all over again with winter weather.
- Redneck runs into granite pillar.
- Creating a will.
- A man rudely passes gas at the next table.
- Almost time to plant: thoughts about a tiny garden.
- On to Lowe’s for crown molding.
- A Harley cruising in salt, brine and slush.
There may be a few wild card items (code for things that have slipped my mind) but this list is the bedrock of Monday’s letter. (As always, there will be a few add-ins, including a Charlotte Observer story about a teacher who took a cell phone photo of a student sleeping in class and sent the picture to the kid’s father who, rather than take his kid to task, was irate that a teacher would do such a thing. So much for parental responsibility.)
FYI…my bro’ Ralph got his box of stuff suitable for a newly minted 60-year-old. Mission accomplished.